DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The Department of Education was established through the Education Decree of 1863 as the Superior Commission of Primary Instruction under a Chairman. The Education agency underwent many reorganization efforts in the 20th century in order to better define its purpose vis a vis the changing administrations and charters. The present-day Department of Education was eventually mandated through Republic Act 9155, otherwise known as the Governance of Basic Education act of 2001 which establishes the mandate of this agency.
The Department of Education (DepEd) formulates, implements, and coordinates policies, plans, programs and projects in the areas of formal and non-formal basic education. It supervises all elementary and secondary education institutions, including alternative learning systems, both public and private; and provides for the establishment and maintenance of a complete, adequate, and integrated system of basic education relevant to the goals of national development.
We dream of Filipinos who passionately love their country and whose values and competencies enable them to realize their full potential and contribute meaningfully to building the nation.
As a learner-centered public institution, the Department of Education continuously improves itself to better serve its stakeholders.
To protect and promote the right of every Filipino to quality, equitable, culture-based, and complete basic education where:
Students learn in a child-friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment.
Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner.
Administrators and staff, as stewards of the institution, ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning to happen.
Family, community, and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibility for developing life-long learners.
DR. ANABEL MARASIGAN
(043) 223-5071 / 741-0001
List of Programs/Services
- PROJECT ASPIRE: Attain Sustainable Provision of Inclusive and Responsive Education
- Conducting Child-find Activities and Accepting Late Enrollees till the cut-off date
- Preparing for the Opening of Classes
- Distributing School Supplies to all learners
- Monitoring and gathering feedback from parents on the learning condition of pupils
- PROJECT GABAY: Guide, Assess, Build AND Yield LCP of all Schools in the District of Calaca
- Implementation of MDL
- Distribution of Modules
- Procurement of Instructional Materials for Learners
- Mandated Programs
- Solid Waste Management
- Child Protection Policy
- School Improvement Plan
- Gulayan sa Paaralan Program
- Adopt-A-School Program
- School-based Management
- School-based Feeding Program
- Career Guidance Program
- School-in-a-Garden Program
- Wash in School Program (WinS)
- Learning Action Cell (LAC)
- Teacher Induction Program (TIP)
- Instructional Supervision of PSDS
- Instructional Supervision for School Head
- Human Resources (HR)
- Monitoring the Utilization of MOOE
- Vacc2School Program
- PROJECT CASTLE: Creating Atmosphere Safe to Learners and Educators